- “Pace Of Bering Sea Changes Startles Scientists” • In the winter, frigid north winds blow down from the Arctic Ocean, freeze saltwater and push sea ice south. The ice normally prevents waves from forming and locks onto beaches, walling off villages. But this year a storm pushed Norton Sound water up the Yukon River, flooding low-lying homes. [WTOP]
- “Are We Seeing A Late Combustion Age Collapse?” • We are in the midst of a big transition, and big transitions are dangerous. Choices we make today will impact the future of our species. We could usher in an age of clean power that continues our species’ climb out of poverty. Or we could have a Late Combustion Age Collapse. [CleanTechnica]
- “GMP All In On Renewables, Carbon-Free” • Officials at Green Mountain Power announced an “energy vision” to have all the energy the utility supplies be carbon free by 2025 and all of it generated by renewable sources by 2030. Their current energy supply is 90% carbon free and over 60% renewable, a company statement said. [Rutland Herald]
- “Facing Likely Closures, Owner Of Southern Illinois Coal Power Plants Supports Bill To Help Repurpose Sites …” • The owner of economically challenged coal-fired power plants in Southern Illinois is supporting legislation that would help transform those sites into facilities for utility-scale solar and energy storage projects. [STLtoday.com]
- “Senator Hassan Joins In Introducing Bipartisan Legislation To Establish Investment Tax Credit For Energy Storage” • Maggie Hassan, US Senator from New Hampshire, joined colleagues to introduce the bipartisan Energy Storage Tax Incentive and Deployment Act of 2019 to establish an investment tax credit for energy storage. [nhlabornews.com]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.