- “Australia Fires: 113 Animal Species ‘Need Emergency Help’” • Australia has identified 113 animal species which will need “urgent help” after their numbers and habitats were devastated by recent bushfires. There appeared to be no extinctions, the government said, but almost all species on the list had lost at least 30% of their habitats due to fires. [BBC]
- “Global Carbon Emissions ‘Flatline’ In 2019” • Global carbon dioxide emissions plateaued in 2019, defying expectations of a rise, according to International Energy Agency data. After two years of growth, global CO₂ emissions were unchanged at 33 GT in 2019, even as the world economy expanded by 2.9%, IEA found. [reNEWS]
- “Mayflower Wind To Deliver $58/MWh Power” • Output from the 804-MW Mayflower Wind offshore wind farm off the US east coast will be sold to Massachusetts utilities for $58/MWh (€53/MWh), according to documents filed on the power purchase agreement. The regular wholesale market prices are projected to be $84/MWh. [reNEWS]
- “Environmentalism And The Electric Car” • I know people who are concerned about the anti-environmental actions of the Trump administration (undermining protection of waterways, giving industry carte blanche to pollute more). Several of those same individuals just bought new gas cars in the last year. That’s the problem! [CleanTechnica]
- “In A World-First, India’s Dozen Major Ports Now Run Fully On Renewable Energy” • The dozen state-owned major ports in the country have switched to renewable energy to meet their entire power requirements. This makes India the first nation in the world to have all government-owned ports running on solar and wind energy. [The Hindu BusinessLine]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.