- “Climate Action Hawk Arnold Schwarzenegger Brings Conan Sword Down Upon Trump Enablers” • Everyone is buzzing about a video Arnold Schwarzenegger circulated. In it, Schwarzenegger, a lifelong Republican, excoriates Trump and his enablers in Congress, identifying the insurrectionists and their supporters in Congress with the Nazis. [CleanTechnica]
- “Nuro Gets California’s First Autonomous Vehicle Permit, Ouster Going Public” • On Thursday, November 19, 2020, the California Public Utilities Commissionapproved the ability to both launch robotaxi services and autonomous delivery services and to charge for them. The first company to get a permit to do so is Nuro. [CleanTechnica]
- “Neoen Plans Massive 500-MW Big Battery West Of Sydney” • Australia’s largest battery storage project could be built just outside of Sydney. Planning documents submitted by renewable energy developer Neoen show that the company intends to kick-start the planning process for a 500-MW, 1,000-MWh big battery in New South Wales. [Renew Economy]
- “Trump Proved That Clean Energy Can’t Be Beat” • Thanks to Trump’s actions in office, we now know that clean energy is a force to be reckoned with. Here is a quick review of the ways Trump and other Republicans tried to stack the deck against renewables, electric vehicles, and other clean technologies, and a look at why they failed. [CleanTechnica]
- “CATL Putting $3 Billion Into 3 New Battery Factories, LG Chem Doubling Its China-Made Battery Production” • The two largest EV battery producers in the world are both expanding. CATL is investing $5.9 billion in three new battery factories in China. LG Energy Solution plans to more than double its battery cell production in China. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.