- “Floating Solar Trampoline By Ocean Sun Tested By Statkraft” • Statkraft’s Albania unit bought a uniquely designed floating solar trampoline manufactured by Norwegian startup Ocean Sun for deployment at the Banja reservoir in Albania. The 2-MW array consists of four floating units of 0.5 MW each, at a total cost of €2.3 million ($2.6 million). [CleanTechnica]
- “Wyoming’s Coal Plants Are So Unprofitable Republicans Turned To A ‘Socialist Program’ To Save Them” • Wyoming recently enacted a law that forces utilities seeking to shut down unprofitable coal plants to try to sell them first, and then to buy back the power from the new owner, even if cheaper power is available. [ThinkProgress]
- “Energy Bill’s Passage Portends End Of Coal Era In NM” • New Mexico’s Legislature has moved to Gov Michelle Lujan Grisham’s desk a controversial bill designed to dramatically increase the amount of renewable energy used to produce electricity in New Mexico. The House passed the bill 43-22. It is supported by Gov Grisham. [New Mexico Political Report]
- “Trump Cites Debunked Greenpeace ‘Co-founder’ To Discredit ‘The Whole Climate Crisis’” • President Trump, pursuing his long-standing crusade to discredit climate science, touted a self-proclaimed environmental expert’s appearance on Fox News in support of his views. Greenpeace quickly responded, debunking Patrick Moore. [Yahoo Entertainment]
- “Local Initiative Underway To Fight Climate Change” • An initiative in New York State, Localizing Buffalo’s Renewable Energy Future, is led by the University at Buffalo. It includes SUNY Buffalo State, SUNY Erie, the city of Buffalo, and Erie County. The partners goal is to increase their use of clean renewable energy by 50%. [WBFO]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.