The demand for energy is expected to grow 30% by 2040. What role can engineers play in developing renewable energy sources? In this course, you will explore the some of the science, math, and technology that is used to extract energy from renewable resources.
• Apply engineering concepts and principles to solving renewable energy issues
• Examine how wind energy and solar power systems work
• Learn how to determine the efficiency of an energy system
• Understand the concepts of energy conversion, work, and power
• Construct a plan for providing wind and solar energy to an area of your interest.
This is an online pre-college course at Brown University. Click here for course information: brown.edu/ce/pre-college/catalog/course.php?course_code=CEEN0917
1. “Going To” by Jahzzar is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0
2. “High Level meeting on ICT in Hong Kong” by South-South News is licensed under CC BY 3.0
3. “In Conversation: Aung San Suu Kyi with Michael Fullilove” by Lowy Institute is licensed under CC BY 3.0
freemusicarchive.org/music/jahzzar/home/going_to // freemusicarchive.org/music/Jahzzar/ // creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
vimeo.com/78581876 // vimeo.com/user7940479 // creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
vimeo.com/82158495 // vimeo.com/lowyinstitute // creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/