- “Five Key Reasons To Stop The Mountain Valley Pipeline” • It’s time to stop the Mountain Valley Pipeline and its dangerous attempts to transport dirty fracked gas across Appalachia. This massive dirty energy project would jeopardize sensitive rivers and streams, drinking water sources, the climate, and people in local communities. [CleanTechnica]
- “Elon Musk Explains Why Tesla Solar Power Is So Cheap” • While researching the falling costs of solar power, I was struck to see that the average cost of a rooftop solar power system in the US is $2.19/watt, but Tesla is now offering rooftop solar power for $1.49/watt across the country. So, I asked Tesla CEO Elon Musk about it. He explained it. [CleanTechnica]
- “28 People Have Been Killed And Dozens More Are Missing As Fires Ravage The West Coast” • Deadly wildfires have blanketed swaths of the states on the West Coast with unhealthy smoke, complicating the efforts to fight the blazes and find dozens of missing people, and compounding the misery of thousands who have been displaced. [CNN]
- “Kites Of Renewable Energy Generate Wind Power By Flying Through The Air” • A German startup is bringing kites to green energy production by building small flying wind turbines that use a tenth of the material at half the cost of traditional options. The kite has small onboard wind turbines and finds where to fly by using smart algorithms. [Good News Network]
- “Lease A 2020 Chevy Bolt From Costco For Just $154 A Month” • Savvy US shoppers can now lease a new 2020 Chevy Bolt for as little as $154 a month through COSTCO. There are terms and conditions, of course, but if you qualify you could be driving an electric car for less than what some people pay to fill their cars with gas each month. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.