- “EVA Autonomous Air Taxi Has Extended Wings and Can Function as Search and Rescue Aircraft” • Electric air mobility startup EVA has a promising electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft. The eVTOL is small, 100% autonomous, and ingeniously configured. EVA says it is months away from certifications and from flying the machine. [CleanTechnica]
- “As Trains Cross the DMZ Between the Koreas, Hopes Rise for an Energy Supergrid” • Trains crossing the demilitarised zone between North and South Korea are carrying more than just hopes for peace. Also riding the track with them is a plan to connect the Korean peninsula to Eurasian transport and energy networks. [South China Morning Post]
- “How New Jersey (Almost) Missed the Boat on Offshore Wind” • The US offshore wind industry is roaring into life, though for New Jersey the change is bittersweet. In 2015, US Wind nailed down a lease off the New Jersey coast for just over $1 million. Last week, they turned around and sold the same lease to EDF Renewables for $215 million. [CleanTechnica]
- “Climate Commitments by over 9,000 Cities: UN Yearbook” • Commitments to climate actions have been made by more than 9,000 cities from 128 countries, around 240 states and regions from over 40 countries and more than 6,000 businesses in 120 countries, says a UN yearbook for 2018. Together, they represent $36 trillion. [Outlook India]
- “Dominion Energy and Smithfield Foods Partner to Transform the Future of Sustainable Energy” • Smithfield Foods, Inc and Dominion Energy are forming a joint venture, Align Renewable Natural Gas (RNG)℠ with projects in North Carolina, Virginia, and Utah. It will capture methane emissions from hog farms and convert them into clean energy. [Hartsburg News]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.