- “MIT Aerogel Generates Passive Heat From Sunlight” • In below freezing weather on a rooftop at MIT, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the inside of a device created by researchers is at 220°C. There are no moving parts, compressors, or vacuum pumps involved, just sunlight and a special aerogel developed by their project team. [CleanTechnica]
- “E.ON Delivers 100% Green Energy In The UK” • E.ON is now supplying all its residential customers in the UK with 100% renewable electricity as standard and at no extra cost. The change means more than 3.3 million homes now have an electricity supply matched by renewable sources including wind, biomass, and solar, the company said. [reNEWS]
- “Trump Takes Aim At Green New Deal While Touting His Administration’s ‘Environmental Leadership’” • President Trump held an event to tout his administration’s previous work on the environment Monday during a speech at the White House, despite having rolled back numerous regulations intended to fight the climate crisis. [CNN]
- “Nightmare On Woodward Avenue! US Vehicle Sales Continue Their Long Decline – With The Exception Of Teslas.” • US light truck and car sales have been down every month so far this year, according to Automotive News. But Tesla sales were up 29.9% in the second quarter and 23.45% for the year so far, according to data compiled by WolfStreet. [CleanTechnica]
- “Renewables Now Account For 63% Of New Capacity Added” • Renewables now account for 63% of new capacity added to the global supply of electricity, data from the International Renewable Energy Agency shows. In Gulf Cooperation Council states, the installed capacity of renewable energy grew four-fold in the period from 2014 to 2017. [Times of Oman]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.