- “96% Of National Parks Negatively Impacted By Air Pollution” • The National Parks Conservation Association published a report that has a number of insights about the negative impacts of air pollution at US National Parks. One of these is, “96% of the 417 national parks assessed are plagued by significant air pollution problems.” [CleanTechnica]
- “New Florida Law Just Legalized Driverless, Human-Less, Self-Driving Vehicles” • When will regulators approve self-driving vehicles? Well, in Florida, they already have. “More than a month after the Florida legislature passed a bill legalizing the use of autonomous vehicles, Gov Ron DeSantis signed the bill into law,” 10News reports. [CleanTechnica]
- “US Looking To Harness The Ocean Winds With British Help” • The federal government estimates that the coastal waters off of New Bedford, Massachusetts, are among the windiest in the nation. Some bad news is that the US doesn’t know much about building wind turbines, out in the ocean at least. But some good news is that the UK can help with that. [BBC]
- “US Senate Introduces Offshore Wind Jobs And Opportunity Act” • A bipartisan senate bill is intended to grow offshore wind industry jobs. The Offshore Wind Jobs and Opportunity Act would create a system for federal grants to help institutions and businesses develop programs preparing workers for jobs in offshore wind. [Renewable Energy Magazine]
- “Western Australia power retailer Synergy forecast to lose $180 million over three years as dire finances revealed” • A Synergy spokeswoman admitted the utility’s profitability is threatened, citing a range of factors. Chief among them was the rapid uptake of rooftop solar power by households and businesses looking to reduce their power bills. [ABC Local]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.