- “Renewable Energy Is Now The Cheapest Option – Even Without Subsidies” • New data from the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) demonstrate that using renewable energy is increasingly cost-effective compared to other sources, even when it must compete with the heavily-subsidized fossil fuel industry. [Forbes]
- “EPA Air Chief Gave Presentation At Fringe Climate Denier Event, New Emails Show” • A top EPA official gave a presentation last year at a gathering of some of the most zealous deniers of climate science, emails show. The event highlights the influence a small, fringe movement hawking crank theories now wields in Washington. [HuffPost]
- “Tesla Now Offers Used Model 3’s – Should You Buy One?” • Maybe the management class in college is where the author learned to be able to argue any side of any issue. Or maybe it was politics. Regardless, a used Model 3 is either a great deal or a bad one. Both cases are presented, as either could be true, depending on your situation. [CleanTechnica]
- “Rivian CEO RJ Scaringe Details Plans To Move Into Stationary Energy Storage” • Rivian Automotive, LLC is a specialist in sustainable transportation, designing and developing EVs. It has designed its batteries so that they can go from use in a vehicle to being used for stationary storage with no more alteration than flipping a switch. [CleanTechnica]
- “‘The Oceans Are Taking A Beating’: Seawater Temperatures On SLO’s Coast Keep Getting Higher” • Ocean temperatures are rising. Last year, buoys off southern California smashed their records. The Scripps Nearshore meters reached 81.3°, breaking the old record 80.4° set during the very strong El Niño event of 2015. [San Luis Obispo Tribune]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.