- “OPT PowerBuoy Passes MWh Milestone” • Ocean Power Technologies PB3 PowerBuoy system has delivered more than 1 MWh of electricity since deployment in the Adriatic Sea in November. The company said the wave device has operated “continuously and error-free” while being controlled remotely from its New Jersey facility. [reNEWS]
- “Deadly Flooding Is Rocking Texas. Scientists Say This Is Our Future Under Climate Change.” • Across the US, trends indicate that flooding is becoming the new normal. Climate scientists say it is a challenge to connect isolated events to climate change, but they have linked the wider trend uptick in rain and disasters to global warming. [ThinkProgress]
- “Another Electric Vehicle Benefit: No Carbon Monoxide Poisoning” • Several hundred Americans die each year from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, and far more are made sick. A number of the deaths occur in gas-powered vehicles where CO can build up without the occupants knowing, because the gas is colorless and odorless. [CleanTechnica]
- “Stalling Renewables Growth Raises Concern About Global Decarbonization Efforts” • In 2018, for the first time this century, global growth rate of new renewable energy capacity did not show a year-to-year increase. This leveling off has raised concern that efforts to advance a low-carbon energy transition may be stalling at just the wrong time. [Forbes]
- “Air Pollution Is Slowly Killing Us All, New Global Study Claims” • A comprehensive global study by the International Respiratory Society’s Environmental Committee appeared in the official publication of the American College of Chest Physicians. It says that air pollution may damage every organ in the human body. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.