- “UK Parliament Declares Climate Change Emergency” • Members of Parliament of the UK have approved a motion to declare an environment and climate emergency. This proposal, which demonstrates the will of the Commons on the issue but does not legally compel the government to act, was approved without a vote. [BBC]
- “Keystone State Goes Full Climate Change With New Action Plan” • In the latest climate action development, Pennsylvania has just cast off the fossil fuel mantle of the past and taken up the sparkling green sword of the future, by signing on to the US Climate Alliance. The alliance now counts 23 states and Puerto Rico among its members. [CleanTechnica]
- “Green Mountain Power Plans 100% Renewables By 2030 With Help From Tesla” • Green Mountain Power says it wants to speed up its move to 100% renewable energy and it has developed a plan to get to zero emissions no later than 2030. The plan calls for achieving 100% carbon free energy by 2025 and to be 100% renewable by 2030. [CleanTechnica]
- “Peck Electric Completed Seven Solar Projects In Q4 2018” • Peck Electric Co, a leading commercial solar engineering, procurement and construction company based in Burlington, Vermont, announced completion of seven solar projects in the fourth quarter of 2018. They range from a 7-MW utility-scale array down to 20.6-kW on a rooftop. [Vermont Biz]
- “US Renewable Energy Just Set An Historic Record” • In a historic first, renewable energy may have generated more electricity than coal in the entire US for the month of April. Coal has long been the backbone of the country’s electric grid. In the 2000s, coal accounted for over half of electricity generation. But it does no longer. [OilPrice.com]
- “California Aggregators To Seek 10 GW Of Clean Power By 2030” • California’s Community Choice Aggregators are slowly assuming the traditional utility role of acquiring renewable energy generation for customers. The CCAs are now faced with the massive task of securing 9 to 10 GW of new clean energy by 2030. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.