- “Joe Biden Calls Climate Change The ‘Number One Issue Facing Humanity’” • In an interview by Dan Pfeiffer, Joe Biden declared, “Climate change is the existential threat to humanity,” the former vice president said. “Unchecked, it is going to actually bake this planet. This is not hyperbole. It’s real.” And Joe Biden has a plan to deal with it. [CNBC]
- “US Renewable Energy Lab Energizes Remote Communities” • In California, American Indian reservations risk being “islanded” from the larger electricity grid when wildfires break transmission lines. Many other sorts of communities have reasons to look to their own power supplies. The National Renewable Energy Lab can help meet that need. [Environment News Service]
- “Transition One Will Convert Your Old Gasmobile To Electric Power In About 4 Hours” • If you own a conventional car but want an EV, your choices are to convert it to electric, or buy an EV. Now, if you live in France, there’s a third way. Transition One can replace your car’s internal combustion drive train with an electric system in about four hours. [CleanTechnica]
- “War On NOAA? A Climate Denier’s Arrival Raises Fears The Agency’s Climate Mission Is Under Attack” • Even as the Trump administration has denied climate change, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration continued to press on with its work measuring the breadth and pace of the climate crisis. David Legates could try to change that. [InsideClimate News]
- “The Bright Future Of Renewable Energy In The Middle East” • Thousands of oil rigs and refineries dot the Middle East’s desert landscape, each promising prosperity. Yet poverty and violence have long plagued the region. Surprisingly, the Middle East’s oil resources and its woes are linked. Renewable energy offers a green solution. [Borgen Project]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.