- “Renewable Energy Could Save Us Trillions In Health Costs” • If you’re worried about getting “windmill cancer,” we have some good news for you. According to a new study published this week in the journal Environmental Research Letters, installing more renewable energy could save the US trillions of dollars in health costs. [Inverse]
- “Mayflower To Deliver Second Massachusetts Offshore Wind Farm” • The state of Massachusetts has chosen Mayflower Wind to develop an 804-MW offshore wind farm, following bid submissions filed in August. The project, located more than 20 miles south of Nantucket, is expected to start operations in 2025, according to the developer. [reNEWS]
- “Rising Sea Levels Threaten Hundreds Of Millions – And It’s Much Worse Than We Thought” • Hundreds of millions of people worldwide, nearly three times the number previously thought, are at risk of losing their homes as entire cities sink under rising seas over the next three decades, a paper published in the journal Nature Communications says. [CNN]
- “California’s New Normal: How The Climate Crisis Is Fueling Wildfires And Changing Life In The Golden State” • More than a dozen wildfires displace hundreds of thousands of Californians. Millions are without power because of the fire threat. “This is only the beginning,” former California Gov Jerry Brown said. And it is because of climate change. [CNN]
- “Renewable Energy Target Now Overshot By Nearly 1 GW, Says Regulator” • Australia has already overshot its 2020 renewable energy target by nearly 1 GW since accumulating enough completed and committed projects to meet the goal in late August, according to the latest data from the Clean Energy Regulator. [RenewEconomy]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.